Sunday, December 20, 2015

Review: Under the Never Sky: The Complete Series Collection: Under the Never Sky, Roar and Liv, Through the Ever Night, Brooke, Into the Still Blue

Under the Never Sky: The Complete Series Collection: Under the Never Sky, Roar and Liv, Through the Ever Night, Brooke, Into the Still Blue Under the Never Sky: The Complete Series Collection: Under the Never Sky, Roar and Liv, Through the Ever Night, Brooke, Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

OVERALL: 3.9 stars

Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky 0.5) - 4 stars

This was a great insight into roar and Liv's feelings and relationship. This made me love roar's character even more and I love getting the fresh perspective on Liv.

I also really liked how we get to see a different side to Perry and the life he had to grow up with. I liked seeing the different family dynamics that is hinted at in the first book.

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) - 5 stars
Aria liked her world of make believe in the realms until they turned into a horrifying reality that she had to face caused of letting a savage into the building she is cast out on her own away from the only home she has ever known and into an unknown world she has spent her life fearing. Perry grew up in this world and learned how to survive but he now needs the help of one person who doesn't belong in the world he grew up to help him get his nephew back.

This was quite the story. The only thing that I didn't really like about it was the time span increments at some points. I up fully understand the rationale behind it but I just kept getting annoyed.

I loved how this wasn't a love at first sight story and that the characters had to learn and understand from one another. Rossi did a great job in showing the different worlds that both aria and Perry grew up in and plausibly making them fit together in something neither fully understood.

I was a little confused about Perry's abilities in the beginning but Rossi did a good job fully explaining everything by the end.

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) - 4.5 stars
As aria is forced back into the outside lands while being blackmailed by Hess, Perry is finding his life just as difficult trying to be the new leader of the tides especially when the storms are increasing and hunger is very real threat. But overcoming the odds is what both of them do best and when they are together they can fight through any hardship.

This had an interesting turn of events for me. I love how the story line is going together with the characters and how even though aria and Perry are so good together they are also able to stand on their own, as seen a lot in this book.

Brooke (Under the Never Sky #2.5) - 2 stars
I didn't like Brooke before and I don't like Brooke now after reading this. This little excerpt seemed kind of pointless in the skim of things. I could have done without reading it. We did get some good insight into Brooke’s character but nothing that I thought was noteworthy or redeeming. It seemed more of a boy crazed session than anything else.

Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) - 4 stars
Everything has changed and betrayal is seen everywhere. With Cinder captured, Aria and Perry have to find a way to stop Hess and Sable from their plan. As their world is coming to an end due to the Aether and epic battle will ensue for who will be able to make it to the Still Blue.

This book was not exactly how I was thinking the story as going to go and that was a delightful surprise. I liked how Rossi put in the good and bad of things with Aria and Perry’s relationship in this one, a couple can’t always be happy about everything. I felt really bad for Roar but I am glad about how the ending turned out.

This was a great series and I am excited to see what the author has in store next.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment