Sunday, December 20, 2015

Review: Harry Potter Boxset

Harry Potter Boxset Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OVERALL: ~4.1 stars

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) - 4 stars

I held off on reading these book until the third one came out and I got them all for Christmas. I was immediately hooked! The storyline was great and the characters were fun and easy to relate to (you know without the magic aspect).

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) - 4 stars

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) - 4 stars
This was an interesting continuation of the series. I really liked the friendship relationships of all the characters and I really feel like Hermione is coming into her own.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) - 5 stars
This was my favorite book in the series. I thought the interplay of the characters in the tournament was fun and entertaining. This is also my favorite interplay between Hermione and Ron and the jealousy that each displays giving off a humorous vibe to the book.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) - 4 stars
Not as fantastic as the fourth book, for me they kind of go downhill after this one. I did not like how Rowling changed up the story so much and deviated from the 'Hogwarts' path.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) - 4 stars
I liked all of the previous books a little better than this one. In this the story dragged on a little and I just wanted to get to the end.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) - 4 stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment