Sunday, December 20, 2015

Review: The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

The Twilight Saga The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OVERALL: ~4.8 stars

Twilight (Twilight #1) - 5 stars

It took me until the fourth book in the series came out and my sister’s constant insistence that I read it to finally pick it up but I am VERY glad I did. Yes it is a sappy teen love story with vampires and werewolves mixed in but that is exactly why it is so good. The story is very heartfelt and interestingly developed with the characters experiencing and demonstrating a wide range of emotions.

Bella and Edward are fantastic together. Their level of depth and honesty towards one other rivals that of any adult novel I’ve read AND Meyers was able to exude sexual tension in abundance without having to resort to any sexually explicit scenes. With the absence of those the reader can actually feel the depth of emotional ties surrounding them. The secondary characters are fantastic as well. I have to admit to Alice being my all-time favorite just because of her quirky personality.

This book just puts me in a happy mood along with the accompanying movies. I will own them forever and keep reading/watching on a nice rainy day.

New Moon (Twilight #2) - 4 stars
I think this one was my least favorite out of the series but I see the reasoning for it. As you can probably tell I was 113% team Edward and I found his presence to be quite lacking in this.

Eclipse (Twilight #3) - 5 stars

Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4) - 5 stars
I thought this was a great ending to the saga. There was a lot of action and I liked the character resolution. I’m hoping for more at least ‘short’ stories about the characters to see where they go from here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment