Friday, December 11, 2015

Review: Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx

Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OVERALL: 4.5 stars

Obsidian (Lux #1) - 5 stars

When Katy moved to a new town she knew things were going to be a little weird but she had no idea she was going to stumble across a bunch of aliens! With resistance from everyone except her new best friend Dee, Katy has to face her growing attraction for an alien she can’t have, Daemon.

I absolutely adored the love/hate relationship going on between Katy and Daemon through the whole entire book! The author made it really easy for the reader to see both points of view and made the situation intense enough to make everyone’s concerns quite valid. The sexual tension was out of this world (haha!). The characterization was well done and fully developed.

Onyx (Lux #2) - 4 stars
Ever since that night things for Katy have begun to change. Not only in her relationship with daemon but also in herself. She is suddenly able to do things no normal human could ever fathom; it could mean something bigger than even Katy could comprehend.

I have to say I didn't like this book as much as I did the first one. Katy was very annoying throughout the first part with her daemon couldn't possibly like me even though he keeps saying it again and again attitude. Katy seemed kind of whiny throughout the whole thing. I also didn't like the fact that she kept hiding everything from daemon when it made his life and the other aliens’ lives in even more jeopardy.

Overall I liked the progression of the storyline. The author certainly has an interesting and unique take on things. Can't wait for more revelations in the third book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment