Friday, December 11, 2015

Review: Brides of the Kindred Volume One

Brides of the Kindred Volume One Brides of the Kindred Volume One by Evangeline Anderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OVERALL: 4 stars

Claimed (Brides of the Kindred #1) - 4 stars

Earth has been attacked by the Scourge and the Kindred have been able to step in and help earth on the condition that since 95% of their population is male they can take earth brides. Olivia is to become Baird's bride but she is taken against her will. Baird has to overcome her animosity towards his race and show her that they are truly meant to be together.

The plot overall was interesting and complete. There was a great deal of depth to the characters and the story as a whole. While the main erotic focus was done quite well thee were still plenty of 'laughable' parts.

Overall the story made me want to continue with the series, it was interesting.

Hunted (Brides of the Kindred #2) - 4.5 stars
The scourge is after Sophia now because they think she is the answer to their problems. Caught on a shuttle with sylvan they have to fight to stay ahead of the enemy.

I was really glad this one revolved around Sophia and Sylvan. They had such great chemistry in this first book. I loved the whole tharp episode and their interactions together. So far these two are my favorite couple/characters.

On to the third, I'm excited for kat!

Sought (Brides of the Kindred #3) - 4 stars
Kat never wanted anything less than to be bonded to twin kindred but since she used Lock and Deep to find Sophia they have been 'bonded' in a sense making Kat sick.

I love how the author incorporates past and future characters into the story mix. It creates a whole complete world and changes up the perspectives in an interesting way. I didn't find and 'sex' as entertaining as I did in the other two books but I did still really enjoy the story as a whole.

Found (Brides of the Kindred #4) - 3.5 stars
Lauren and Xairn are off trying to escape the Alfather when they run into some trouble in Oah while trying to change their DNA, it is one mishap after another. All the while Lauren is trying to convince Xairn that he would never hurt her and Xairn is fearfully trying to resist his growing attraction to Lauren.

I really liked the first part of this book but not so much towards the middle. It lost its adventurous fascination.

I really like Lauren. She is strong willed and even in great danger she tries to put up a fight. She has a kind and understanding heart which makes her the perfect match for Xairn. I really liked Xairn in the beginning, towards the middle I found him to be extremely frustrating and I was wondering how Lauren could put up with him. I guess with his upbringing it was understandable and my heart broke over Sanja!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment