Sunday, December 13, 2015

Review: Angelfall Trilogy: Angelfall, World After, End of Days

Angelfall Trilogy: Angelfall, World After, End of Days Angelfall Trilogy: Angelfall, World After, End of Days by Susan Ee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OVERALL: 5 stars

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) - 5 stars

Six weeks ago angels came to earth. They were not like what anyone expected, they were mean and without a second thought they took over everything. Penryn is just a girl trying to survive in this new world the angels created and when she stumbled onto an epic angel battle she loses her younger sister in the process. Now with the help of Raffe, an angel that has lost his wings, she has to trust him because he is the only hope of getting her sister back.

The ending was a little funny but overall I thought the rest of the book was really enjoyable. I liked the story line and the characters kept themselves interesting at each turn, even when most of the book just revolving around Penryn and Raffe being together. I liked how strong willed Penryn was and how she was able to cope with the situation.

Being from the San Francisco Bay Area I felt that the author did a wonderful job with that part. The scene and story building were creepy as I could literally picture all of this happening in my own backyard.

I am really excited to read the next book, I would recommend this to fantasy lovers that are not afraid of a little gore and creep factor thrown into the mix.

World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2) - 5 stars
As Penryn finds herself once again with the Resistance but this time with her family she still has a hard time coping with the loss of Raffe. Raffe on the other hand has only vengeance on his mind. Separated by forces beyond their control they are still able to take the fight of the angels to a whole new level.

I have to say I did not like this book as much as I did the first one, probably because of the separation of Penryn and Raffe for so much of it. I did like how the storyline progressed and how gruesome yet delightful the author is able to tell the story. When Penryn and Raffe were together their relationship popped out of the pages and was so tense and suspenseful, it was wonderful.

End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days #3) - 5 stars
Love, love, love, love. I can't get enough of Raffe, this was a great end to the trilogy. I don't think Ee could have ended it better. She has an amazing way about spinning a story. It was very captivating and exciting to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment