Monday, December 14, 2015

Review: The Mara Dyer Trilogy: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer; The Evolution of Mara Dyer; The Retribution of Mara Dyer

The Mara Dyer Trilogy: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer; The Evolution of Mara Dyer; The Retribution of Mara Dyer The Mara Dyer Trilogy: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer; The Evolution of Mara Dyer; The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

OVERALL: ~2.3 stars

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) - 3 stars

When Mara Dyer transferred to a new school she thought her past would leave her behind. She was wrong. First it came in the form of nightmares, slowly revealing what had happened the night her best friend died. Then everything became more real and Mara struggled to figure out what was really happening to her along with the help of play boy, Noah.

I don’t know what I was expecting to get out of this book. I first got interested in this book because of all of the hype about it. The story line was interesting and the characters (especially Mara) reminded me of how my sister talks. The reading was slow going, I even felt like skimming some of the parts. Also, I not really sure if I even liked the characters. I was kind of indifferent to both Mara and Noah, my favorite one out of all of them was Joseph and he wasn’t even in the book that much.

I would recommend this book to people that liked Anna Dressed in Blood.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) - 3 stars
Mara is haunted by her past and now her past has come back to haunt her, literally. On top of that no one believes her with the exception of Noah because everyone thinks she is just acting crazy. As Mara learns more about her past and her family her life becomes more confusing in the process.

I just didn’t get it.

The writing for me was okay but the story line was so slow, nothing really even happened until the end. I don’t even like any of the characters, Mara keeps switching back and forth on everything and I have NEVER seen the appeal of Noah, I think he acts like an ass and his supposedly redeeming points don’t work for me. The author did a fantastic job of taking me through two entire books and having me still be confused about what was exactly going on in them.

Once gain I have to see what happens in the next one. Maybe some of my questions will be answered.

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) - 2 stars
As the journey continues Mara tries to figure out exactly what or who she is.

This one was more slow paced than the previous two. The ending was okay but it still left a lot of unanswered questions for the reader and to me it did not feel completed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment