Sunday, December 20, 2015

Review: Bloodlines / The Golden Lily / The Indigo Spell / The Fiery Heart / Silver Shadows

Bloodlines / The Golden Lily / The Indigo Spell / The Fiery Heart / Silver Shadows Bloodlines / The Golden Lily / The Indigo Spell / The Fiery Heart / Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

OVERALL: 3.9 stars

Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) - 4 stars

After Sydney’s previous incident with the Moroi she is not as well received by her fellow alchemists, however, this does not stop her from getting another assignment. This time she has to venture to Palm Springs with none other than Jill Dragomir and Adrian. With Adrian in the mix you know there is going to be drama around every corner.

It was great to see a different side to both Sydney and Adrian and I loved the twist on the storyline that comes up. While I have to say that I am not as enthralled as I was by the first series, this one is starting to get really good. I can’t wait to see what happens in the second book!

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) - 5 stars
Sydney’s views are shaken with her ever growing relationship with Adrian, Jill, Eddie, and now Angeline even while she is being praised by her Alchemist colleagues. She wavers on where she actually belongs and the beliefs that have been knocked into her since she was a child. With age old ideas suddenly exposed more danger now comes to light for all of them.

This was an excellent second installment to the series. Sydney’s relationship with Adrian is pure magic in my eyes and her other relationship with Brayden is simply hilarious. I can’t wait to see how Adrian and Sydney do in the next book and if Sydney’s own sense of beliefs are going to be stronger than that of the ones she was taught.

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) - 4.5 stars
As magic is taking over more of her life Sydney’s notions of what she grew up believing aren’t all it’s cracked up to be. Coupled with her ever increasing feelings for Adrian her life is turning more dangerous for her by the minute.

I absolutely loved the relationship between Adrian and Sydney this time! The push and pull of their feelings was almost overwhelming to the reader. Meade did a very good job getting across Sydney’s anxieties and fears not just about the Alchemists and magic but also about her own preconceived notions of what was right and wrong. I would have liked to have seen a little more of Jill and Eddie but the story overall was great. Marcus had a mixed reaction in me, I didn’t truly trust him but I was grateful for how much he helped Sydney realize certain things about herself and what she really wanted. I can’t wait to get Adrian’s perspective in the next book!

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) - 4 stars
The journey continues for Sydney and Adrian. I really like both of the characters, they go really well together. Adrian showed just how much he loves her

I am excited to get to the next book, this one left on a cliffhanger.

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) - 3 stars
I didn't like this one as much as the others but I was pretty happy with the outcome even though I was berating a certain character for most of the story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment