Friday, December 11, 2015

Review: The Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy Boxed Set

The Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy Boxed Set The Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy Boxed Set by C.J. Archer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OVERALL: ~4.2 stars

The Medium (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy #1) - 4.5 stars

Emily Chambers has always been viewed as different and on the fringes of society because she can see ghosts. Not only has she been contending with that problem all her life now she has a killer demon on the loose and a devastatingly handsome ghost at her disposal.

As much as I loved the plot of this story the romantic relationship between Jacob and Emily did get a little cheesy at times however I was so engrossed in the overall story that it was easy to ignore. Emily is a captivating character and her interactions with her sister Celia are endearing and comical at the same time. Jacob is perfect, almost too perfect but I cannot imagine another ghost I would want to haunt me as much. I would totally recommend this book to anyone as a fun quick read and I am highly anticipating the second installment.

Possession (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy #2) - 4 stars
In this second installment there is a demon on the loose able to possess people that Emily and Jacob have to stop. In this second book we are able to find out more about Jacob’s death and Emily’s past.

This book was hilarious, especially how George reacted through the whole thing. I was a little less enchanted with Jacob in this one but overall I am still rooting for him, even though he is dead. I really want to find out who is after Jacob! I can’t wait to start the third book!

Evermore (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy #3) - 4 stars
When the spirits of the underworld are threatened by an unknown assailant Emily chambers once again has to come to the rescue but this time she has a lot more at stake, this time she might lose Jacob all together

A perfect end to the trilogy. I thought the relationship between Jacob and Emily thrived I this book and I was caught up in the story as much as the others. I am sad to see it end but I am excited to read more of what the author has to offer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment