Sunday, December 20, 2015

Review: Divergent Series Complete Box Set

Divergent Series Complete Box Set Divergent Series Complete Box Set by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OVERALL: 4 stars

Divergent (Divergent #1) - 5 stars

Evil seeps into the best intentions as Tris finds out when she turns sixteen. She has to choose which faction she wants to be a part of but will that choice really matter that much in the end as war is on the horizon.

I was a little worried that I wouldn't like this book as much as I wanted to because I have been listening to all the hype about it for just about forever. Not to worry though I LOVED this book!!! Even though it tended to start out a little slow I was captured by the magic of it all right away. Tris and four worked beautifully together and I loved the chemistry they had, it wasn't a mushy insta love type of thing but something that was real and expected for the situation they were in. I was a little sad for the turn of events of some of the characters but I am excited to see what the next book has to offer.

Insurgent (Divergent #2) - 4.5 stars
Escape only goes so far when your are in the middle of an uprising and factions are being pitted against one another. As Tris and Four escape for one location the erudite and dauntless traitors are right on their tail. Factions are not always agreeing and the faction less seem to now have an opportunity of their own.

I ended up loving this book for what it was but not as much as I loved the first one. I think my main disappointment throughout this book was the relationship faults between Tris and Four, they were both too stubborn for their own good.

Allegiant (Divergent #3) - 2.5 stars
As war continues to rage on an even bigger truth lies outside the city. Tobias and tris need to follow their hearts and find the real truth about everything around them and the life that they have been leading. A venture to the outside world will be just the thing to change absolutely everything.

All I have to say is that I still love the series as a whole but the ending sure sucked.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment