Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Review: Lady Sophia's Lover

Lady Sophia's Lover Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lady Sophie Sydney was bent on revenge against the man that jailed her brother, ultimately ending in his death. The man, Sir Ross Cannon, magistrate of the Bow Street Runners. She finds employment as his assistant to exact her revenge only, he is not the man she was expecting him to be and once she meets him something else entirely fills her mind. Ross Cannon keeps himself distant from those around him, with an exceedingly fair moral character he is the perfect person to manage the runners. When he meets Sophie his cold heart starts to thaw.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this story since I did not find Ross to be that appealing of a character in the first book in the series. The story was fast paced and well written. I liked watching the attraction grow between the pair even though they tried so hard to fight it. Ross was extremely understanding, way more so that I would be (or can actually imagine someone being for that matter). He was exceptionally caring while remaining strong and held a high belief in moral right and wrong even if it was not the popular opinion.

The sexual tension was unbelievable - super hot!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment