Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Review: Because You're Mine

Because You're Mine Because You're Mine by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

Lady Madeline Matthews desperately wants to get out of the marriage her parents have arranged for her. While away at school she sees an ad featuring the notorious actor/rake Logan Scott. Hatching a plan for him to steal her innocence so that her suitor will no longer want her, Madeline travels to London to work at the Capital Theater. When she meets Logan Scott though, she find out he might be more than she was bargaining for.

I liked Logan Scott a great deal better in the first book. I understand that he thought no one could love him and just strove to push everyone away but I just did not connect with his character. I couldn't look past his treatment of Madeline in the second half of the book. Madeline I did like, she was strong willed and new what she wanted. She just jumped into everything head first and wore her heart out on her sleeve. I don't think I could ever allow myself to be that vulnerable but that quality was endearing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment