Thursday, May 5, 2016

Review: The Heir

The Heir The Heir by Kiera Cass
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Twenty years after the previous books, America Singer and Prince Maxon have had an heir, Eadlyn, who will one day rule as queen. As there is still unrest between the people of the now abolished caste system they have to device a way to bring about hope and harmony for the people once more.

I have to say I was expected a lot more out of this book, maybe I was basing it too much on the others in the series and had a biased opinion.

Princess Eadlyn seems quite spoiled for being raised of the notion that people were to be treated equally and how important is was to eliminate the caste system. She certainly holds herself above the rest and acts childish, especially when she is already 18 and is supposed to be an adult.

The royal family still refer to the caste numbers frequently even though the royals are the ones that abolished it to make everyone equal. I would think they would be more conscientious. With the whole selection process again it's like they are still living in the past, not moving forward.

I didn't like the ending at all. It made some of the past characters appear weaker than they were. (view spoiler)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment