Monday, March 21, 2016

Review: Lady Whistledown Strikes Back

Lady Whistledown Strikes Back Lady Whistledown Strikes Back by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OVERALL: 4 stars

Overall I like how the stories were connected by the Neely bracket mystery, it was quite intriguing.

The First Kiss - Julia Quinn - 5 stars
Tillie's brother, Henry, died in the war and Peter had promised to look after his sister. He didn't however expect to want to marry her himself, especially when he had no prospects and she has a substantial dowry. Peter, a man of upstanding honor, doesn't want to be labeled as a fortune hunter but neither does he want to ignore his growing desire.

I really liked both of the characters. Tillie was funny with a shrewd sense of humor and Peter was upstanding. I wouldn't have minded marrying him either!

The Last Temptation - Mia Ryan - 3 stars
Miss Martin is a companion to lady Neely and she also arranges all of her parties. Roxbury is in need of a party planner and she is just the thing, maybe even a little more.

Not exceptional on the characterization but I didn't think the overall story was that bad.

The Best of Both Worlds - Suzanne Enoch - 4 stars
I liked Charlotte a lot. I thought her character resembled mine a great deal actually. And Xavier was perfect for her.

The Only One for Me - Karen Hawkins - 4 stars
I'm not usually about the second chance at love but this wasn't too bad. I liked the characters and Sophia was rather spunky which made the story all that more humorous.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment