Monday, March 28, 2016

Review: Grimm Diaries Prequels

Grimm Diaries Prequels Grimm Diaries Prequels by Cameron Jace
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

OVERALL: 3.5 stars

Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #1) - 4 stars

A delightful prequel to what promises to be an exciting tale. The first prequel in the Grimm diaries series explores the alternate world of the snow white fairy tale. The story caught my attention and has me excited to actually start the series.

Ashes to Ashes and Cinder to Cinder (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #2) - 4 stars
I loved how Alice goes back into old time Venice and it was interesting how the author choose to direct the story around Venice and the glassblowers.

Beauty Never Dies (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #3) - 3 stars
I liked the interplay of characters Jace uses in his fairy tales but this story to me felt a little jumbled up. I was particularly surprised at the end though.

Ladle Rat Rotten Hut (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #4) - 4 stars
I liked this story and how it turned out. Gruesome but I did like ladle. I also thought the development of the story was done well and how Jace interpreted the characters.

Mary Mary Quite Contrary (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #5) - 3 stars
I liked how the author was able to bring in Elizabeth Bathory into the story. I have always been interested in her story, especially since she was a real person.

Blood Apples (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #6) - 3 stars
At this point in the series the author has done a great job of immersing the reader into the story and the fairy tale world he created. I always loved a good fairy tale story and Jace is taking the fairy tales into more of a horror setting, these are not your Disney tales!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment