Monday, March 21, 2016

Review: The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown

The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OVERALL: ~4.3 stars

Overall I enjoyed how the stories interconnected with one another and we got to see the characters throughout. Most of the stories were interesting.

One True Love by Suzanne Enoch - 4.5 stars
Anne has been betrothed since birth but she has never met her intended who lives all the way in Yorkshire. She cannot imagine a life away from London and is unpleasantly surprised when her intended comes to claim her.

Anne sure is independent and stubborn for a lady of her time. It's a wonder her parents put up with it. I liked the myth and how it ended. I thought Maximilian was quite persistent in his wooing and it was endearing.

Two Hearts by Karen Hawkins - 4 stars

Royce has been friends with Liza for many years and never anything more. But now with Liza thinking of marrying someone else Royce is realizing just how much he can't live without her.

This was a cute story. I liked how Royce and Liza interacted with one another.

A Dozen Kisses by Mia Ryan - 3.5 stars
I found it to be quite a bland sort of story. I was not terribly interested in the outcome and had no opinion of the main characters.

Thirty-six Valentines by Julia Quinn - 5 stars
My brother wasn’t worthy of a woman like you? - That was quite the spectacular remark from the earl.

Susannah and David were really cute together. Quinn did a fantastic job of telling their story and I loved how strong of a character Susannah was.

Also Read In:
2003

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment