Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pledged (Soul Wars Saga #1) by Gwynneth White

3 stars



Note: I received this book from the author for review.

The first thing that intrigued me about this book was the concept: soul mates!

When I first started reading the book it seemed a little slow in the beginning and I felt it was hard to immerse myself into the stories of the characters. The writing in the beginning seemed to jump from one perspective to the next without a smooth change. This however, did not last. As I continued to read the characters seemed to jump out and become more real and the changing perspectives relaxed a little. I was then able to get in and try and understand the story more.

Overall, the concept was good but the execution was a little shaky. With that being said I thought the author presented herself well as the book progressed and I am interested to read what else she has in store for the continuation. The story does end up grabbing you in the end (at least it did with me) and the cliff hanger at the end left me wanting more.


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15707192-pledged

No comments:

Post a Comment