Friday, October 5, 2012

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin

5 stars



Although I liked Games of Thrones a little bit more than this one it still held on to the magical aspect that drew me into the first. I love most of the characters storylines however I did find myself wanting to skip over some of them (Theon), I suppressed this urge and read on.

I like that in this one we get to see a change in the characters and learn a different viewpoint about them (especially Jaime). Sansa is still irritating me and I don’t know why but Bran just gets on my nerves, I know he is a kid but man he just annoys me. Arya and Tyrion are still my favorites and their story just keeps getting better and better!

There is always the problem of keeping the characters straight but I didn’t have as much trouble with that as I did in the first book. It didn’t detract too much from the series and I thought all of the different perspectives made the book so enjoyable.


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10572.A_Clash_of_Kings

No comments:

Post a Comment