Saturday, October 6, 2012

Frost Arch (The Fire Mage Trilogy #1) by Kate Bloomfield

2 stars



Note: I received this book from the author for an honest review.

I was terribly wrong; I do not always enjoy fire mages, especially ones named Avalon Redding. By her own design Ava’s bad luck runs amuck. Not only does she come off stupid but the book reads like she is overly obsessed with physical beauty. I did not really find any redeeming qualities about her character. Her whole thought process was slow making the story draw out when the reader was already able to get to the point over fifty pages before she did. Jack was a one dimensional character who never was fully developed. I read the book expecting more out of him. The only character I actually liked in the book was Hawthorne. He was an intelligent being and extremely protective.

I really, really wanted to enjoy this book. It has a good premises and an eye catching cover. Besides having to get over all of the grammatical mistakes (I can usually ignore them because my grammar is atrocious too) the book ended up being to drawn out with no substance to the plot. I doubt if I will be able to make it onto the next book in the trilogy.

(two stars for the cover)


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13486868-frost-arch

No comments:

Post a Comment