Saturday, August 19, 2023

ARC Review: The Scarlet Veil (The Scarlet Veil, #1) by Shelby Mahurin

The Scarlet Veil The Scarlet Veil by Shelby Mahurin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Note: I received an advanced copy of this book from HarperCollins Children's Books via NetGalley.

Six months after Célie embraced her sacred vows and became a huntswoman among the Chasseurs, she strives to establish her place alongside her fiancé, Captain Jean Luc. As they both work to safeguard their realm of Belterra, echoes of her past linger, and a fresh malevolence emerges, one that Célie must confront to prevent succumbing to its darkness.

I did not know this was a spinoff series, so I was quite confused when I started the book. However, I felt the author did an excellent job of explaining what had happened without the reader needing to read the previous series.

The protagonist, Celie, stood out to me, not as a typical weak character despite moments of self-doubt. Her true strength emerged through her bonds with friends. Although I had reservations about Michal initially, the author masterfully crafted a blend of tension and captivating moments between Celie and Michal when they were in each other's company.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment