Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Review: Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In Nora Grey's life, challenges persist despite her encounter with a guardian angel who saved her from danger. Patch, her enigmatic and attractive guardian angel, has been behaving strangely, growing more elusive and spending time with her nemesis, Marcie Millar. As Nora tries to make sense of Patch's distant behavior, the return of Scott Parnell, an old family friend, further complicates her emotions. Although Scott's infuriating attitude draws her in, she can't shake the feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by visions of her deceased father, Nora begins to question whether her Nephilim heritage played a role in his murder. Determined to uncover the truth, she risks her safety by delving into dangerous situations. However, as she gets closer to the truth, she realizes that some secrets are best left buried, as they have the power to destroy everything and everyone she holds dear.

I did find the story entertaining with the progression of the facts. Other than that the story did not really do anything for me.  This book did not intrigue me as much as the first one. I felt myself just being annoyed with all of the characters. Nora was her usual whiny self with an annoying attitude and a self-serving attitude. Patch just pissed me off from the beginning I wanted to okay his reasons but he was just a jerk throughout everything. No one communicates with one another and they all just make everything worse for everyone in the long run. If Patch and Nora would actually talk to each other many of their problems really wouldn't be an issue.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment