Saturday, August 19, 2023

ARC Review: The Hike by Lucy Clarke

The Hike The Hike by Lucy Clarke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Note: I received an advanced copy of this book from PENGUIN GROUP Putnam via NetGalley.

Maggie, Liz, Helena, and Joni, old friends with a shared history of adventures and hidden secrets, embark on a hiking trip in the enchanting Norwegian wilderness. Amidst towering mountains, serene lakes, and picturesque cabins, they find themselves entwined in a murder mystery as a lifeless body is discovered in a ravine. In the midst of the breathtaking landscape, a sinister presence lurks, and the friends become entangled in a dangerous pursuit to uncover the truth behind the woman's death.

Contrary to my initial expectations, this book took me on a surprising journey. The author's use of different character viewpoints added a unique layer to the story. Among the cast, Maggie stood out as my personal favorite. She embodied the underdog archetype, and I found myself genuinely invested in her journey, rooting for her every step of the way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment