Monday, August 21, 2023

Review: Arise by Tara Hudson

Arise Arise by Tara Hudson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Amelia finds herself in a dangerous situation as dark spirits pose a threat to her loved ones. Determined to protect them, she resolves to take action. Meanwhile, Joshua, with his own motivations, agrees to meet Amelia at a cemetery in New Orleans. Together, they plan to partake in a significant ritual within the Voodoo Circle, fully aware that this decision will have lasting and transformative consequences.

While I found some aspects of the book engaging, it didn't quite live up to my expectations. One aspect that I appreciated was the continuation of the paranormal elements and the exploration of the ghostly world. The concept of ghostly abilities and the interaction between the living and the dead were intriguing and added depth to the story. The author's descriptive writing style helped to create a vivid atmosphere, immersing me in the supernatural world.

However, I felt that the pacing was inconsistent throughout the book. At times, the story moved at a slow pace, making it difficult to stay fully engaged. Additionally, I found some plot developments to be predictable, which diminished the element of surprise. I had hoped for more twists and turns to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Character development was another aspect that left me wanting more. While some characters showed growth and had compelling arcs, others felt underdeveloped and lacked depth. I would have liked to see more exploration of their motivations and inner struggles.

Despite its flaws, the book still provided an entertaining read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment