Friday, August 25, 2023

Review: Captives of the Night (Scoundrels, #2) by Loretta Chase

Captives of the Night Captives of the Night by Loretta Chase
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Leila Beaumont has been living her life as she sees fit. Her husband is worthless but with him she is able to get by and she allows him to partake of his own pleasures. But with the appearance of the Comte d'Esmond her life is once again thrown into chaos.

I do like a book where a villain can become a hero. The story once again started off slow in my opinion and didn't really get going until a ways through. I thought the story from the first book in the series was more captivating than this one but I did like the characters a lot more. They seemed fuller and more developed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment