Sunday, August 13, 2023

ARC Review: The Marriage Retreat by Laura Elliot

The Marriage Retreat The Marriage Retreat by Laura Elliot
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Note: I received an advanced copy of this book from Bookouture via NetGalley.

In the mortuary, I brace myself as I prepare to identify the body of the man I've been married to for over two decades. Together, Victor and I built Serenity Falls, a thriving couples' retreat founded on principles of trust and openness, which also defined our marriage. Guiding couples toward healing was our shared mission.

Now, my world has been upended. In the wake of Victor's death, I'm confronted with a woman lying in a hospital room, comatose. She had been with Victor when he passed away. Struggling to identify her, I'm forced to confront the unsettling realization that my husband held secrets. My grief morphs into anger as I grapple with his deception. How could he keep such things from me?

Delving into Victor's hidden past, I unearth the startling truth about the mysterious woman without a name or memory. The journey unravels a web of secrets, leading me to make a crucial decision to safeguard my family.

This book was engaging at the start, but the narrative loses its momentum as it progresses. Unfortunately, I struggled to form a connection with any of the characters, which subsequently diminished my investment in their fates.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment