Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Review: How to Marry a Marquis

How to Marry a Marquis How to Marry a Marquis by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Someone is blackmailing Lady Danbury so James, the Marquis of Riverdale, disguises himself as her estate manager to ferret out the culprit. In the meantime he doesn't expect to be so taken with his aunt's lovey companion, Elizabeth Hotchkiss.

I thought it was really funny that James would want to teach Elizabeth how to hit someone (especially in the way it turned out). That was extremely broad minded for a man of his time and had me liking his character all that much more.

I liked the beginning of this book a lot more than the ending side of it. I thought the beginning flowed a lot better and I liked the mystery and intrigue. James' character was not quite doing it for me in the end. How lovely to see Lady Danbury again, I was quite please. She has such an intriguing way about her.

Note: the last sentence in the epilogue made me want to cry.

And you ARE loved, Elizabeth. Until the last breath leaves my body, and for eternity after that. . . .


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment