Thursday, January 28, 2016

Review: When He Was Wicked

When He Was Wicked When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Michael has been in love with Francesca since the moment he saw her. Unfortunately for him it was right before she was going to be married to his cousin. Francesca did not realize how much married life suited her until tragedy struck now years after being widowed she feels it is time to finally try and start a family again. Little did she know the family she dreamed of would have been right beside her all along.

I have to say upon second reading of this book I did not find it quite as enjoyable as the first time around. I still loved Francesca and Michael but I didn't feel that overwhelming urge to find out what happened next.

I didn't want to know John at all. It was on my part my own selfishness. To get to know him, even for such a brief time, made the reader experience slightly more of the pain and understanding of sorrow that Francesca was going through. John was a wonderful man and husband but someone else can be just as right for you. Tragedy comes in all forms and stages of life but one thing I got out of this book is that people endure. Francesca was able to move on with her life and be happy which is exactly what John would have wanted.

Also Read In:
2004

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment