Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Review: To Sir Phillip, With Love

To Sir Phillip, With Love To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Eloise had made a mistake, well it was not entirely a mistake it just was not a necessarily well thought out plan. Absconding in the middle of the night she travels to meet Sir Philip with whom she has been corresponding with for the last year and has recently proposed the idea to see if they would fit for marriage. It would have been a brilliant plan if she had given any forewarning of her arrival.

I was waiting for Eloise's story and I think I built it up a little too much in my head because I liked her character so much. It was not a bad story by any means but some parts felt a little rushed and I would have liked more development with the kids. Sir Philip was standoffish but then again he was meant to be so the reader shouldn't really hold that against him. I enjoyed their interactions together and I absolutely loved the ending.

Side Note: Oddly I liked how Quinn referred to the Bridgerton woman as 'not beautiful'. It seemed to make them more personable to the reader (well, I guess for me at least)

Also Read In:
2004

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment