Friday, January 15, 2016

Review: Kingdom Series Collection: Books 1-3

Kingdom Series Collection: Books 1-3 Kingdom Series Collection: Books 1-3 by Marie Hall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

OVERALL: ~3.3 stars

Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom #1) - 4 stars

A modern retelling of the classic Alice and Wonderland story. Danika, a fairy godmother who helps the more seedy fairy tale world characters, attempts to find Hatter's one true love. Lo and behold it has to be an Alice.

I was hoping that it would last longer and I was sad when it was over. I loved the characters and especially Hatter's witty ways. I am excited to see what the next book holds. While reading it did have a Shrek quality.

Gerard's Beauty (Kingdom #2) - 3 stars
The concept and spin on this story was great. I did not get the sympathetic reformed playboy vibe from Gerard. He continued to be a little too much of a jerk for me to handle. Also Betty's behavior did not seem entirely believable either.

Red and Her Wolf (Kingdom #3) - 3 stars
As memories return Violet’s life is not what she thought. Born a child of the dark she is thrown back into a fairy tale world right into the arms of her supposed enemy. Ewan found her at last and she is everything he had ever wanted, the only problem now is to make her not hate him.

Continuing on with this fairy tale series Maria Hall once again did not disappoint in the construction of the characters. I loved the interactions with Hatter and Alice in them; Hall did a wonderful job bringing them back into the story. Violet and Ewan had a great deal of chemistry.

I did however not like the parts between Danika and Miriam. Even though those parts did end up explaining a lot I wanted to skip over those parts and get back to Violet and Ewan. The only think about Ewan that bugged me was his accent, I found it to be kind of annoying, but then again I don't think accents translate very well onto paper.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment