Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Review: The Viscount Who Loved Me

The Viscount Who Loved Me The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book. the relationship between Anthony and Katharine is fantastic! There is so much tension going on between them it practically leaps off the page and makes this book very enjoyable to read.

I found the second book in this series to be very fast paced. The story line and witty commentary went well with the first book.

It was really interesting what Quinn said about the fear for men of death when their fathers die young. With a father whose dad did happen to die at a young age we just went through this conversation. It was with relief that he made it past the birthday his father did and I did not really take the gravity into account until I read that it happens to be quite a common occurrence

Even after liking Anthony's character so much in the first book I found him initially hard to handle in this one. His rakish ways rubbed me the wrong way, just, I guess, as it did for Kate. He backs me agreeable but that would hardly excuse his behavior. I love how Kate was extremely forward and to the point. Nothing got past her.

The pall mall scene was delightfully entertaining. I do love a bloodthirsty Bridgerton. For being quite an awkward sex scene it still ended up being quite steamy.

Also Read In:
2004

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment