Saturday, October 28, 2023

Review: The Paris Notebook

The Paris Notebook The Paris Notebook by Tessa Harris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

Note:
I received an advanced copy of this book from HQ Digital (HarperCollins) via Edelweiss+.

Katja Heinz secures a job as a typist at Doctor Viktor's clinic, a seemingly ordinary position. However, she soon discovers that she's tasked with copying top-secret medical records from a hidden notebook. These records date back to the end of World War I when Doctor Viktor treated soldiers for psychological disorders. Shockingly, one of his patients was none other than Adolf Hitler.

The notes within the notebook declare Hitler unfit for office, a revelation that could shatter the Führer's reputation and potentially alter the course of the war if exposed. Katja and Doctor Viktor embark on a dangerous journey to Paris, with the notebook hidden in her hatbox. Their goal is to find a publisher courageous enough to print this explosive information.

Yet, the shadow of danger looms. Nazi spies in Paris have caught wind of Katja's plan, and they will stop at nothing to destroy the notebook and silence anyone who possesses knowledge of the explosive secret it contains.

I found Katja's narrative in this story to be incredibly engaging and well-crafted. Her character was portrayed as intelligent and strong, which made her journey all the more captivating. The first 80% of the book held my attention brilliantly, with the intrigue and tension keeping me eagerly turning the pages. However, I must admit that my enthusiasm waned a bit in the latter part of the story. Nonetheless, Katja's character and her part of the narrative remained a highlight, making this an overall intriguing read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment