Sunday, November 29, 2015

Review: When Beauty Tamed the Beast

When Beauty Tamed the Beast When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

Linnet is the belle of the ball, toast of the town, most beautiful rose among the aristocracy, that is until people think she has made a scandal of herself. That's where piers come in and his unfortunate incident as a child that has left his leg scared and he has difficulty walking making him act like more of a beast than he is. His father, a duke, takes linnet under his wing to try and get her hitched to his son. But neither of them are further in mind from marriage until they figure out they might just be the two most suited people in the world

The book was full of witty conversation, especially between linnet and piers. I quite enjoyed all of their banter together. I found piers' attitude to be somewhat odd, he had an attitude switch the seemed quite abrupt to me the. Flipped back just as suddenly. I also enjoyed all of the medical aspects in this book.

While certainly not a conventional beauty and the beast adaptation I think it certainly embodied the spirit.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment