Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Review: Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

Cold-Hearted Rake Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Devon inherited an Earldom and he doesn't want it. The house is in need of repair and the tenants need new updates for farming and he is in more debt than ever. Not to mention that his cousin left behind a widow, Kathleen, and three sisters he is going to have to deal with. While Devon and Kathleen hit heads about the running of the estate, there is something irresistible in their attraction too.

I am quite happy Kleypas reverted back to historical romance. I think this book was just what was needed, the characters are interesting and lively as well as the plot. While it seemed the book was a bit drawn out, I didn't really mind because the characters were so entertaining.

I loved the enemies-to-lovers aspect between Devon and Kathleen. The friction between them was at some points breathtaking in its intensity. I also liked how crass Devon could be at some points, I'm sure that will be experienced a great deal more with Mr. Winterborne.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment