Sunday, June 26, 2016

Review: The 5th Wave

The 5th Wave The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When the aliens came they came in stages and wiped out most of the population of Earth. Now with aliens inhabiting the bodies of some of the remaining humans no one is to be trusted.

The story telling was a bit weird from so many different points of view. I was confused at some points about who was actually narrating a particular section but I think it made the book more suspenseful at the same time.

The romantic in me thinks that the best parts were with Cassie and Evan. (view spoiler)I really liked the dynamic between them. Yancey was definitely able to show the conflicting emotions through Cassie's story, I think that was done exceptionally well. All of the emotions coming at once, overwhelming in the situation.

I did not find the overall story to be that sophisticated but I thought it was well written at the same time. It really grabbed the reader into the story making the whole book a fast read.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted to start this series for a long time. Great review :) Old GFC follower.

    Megan @ Doodles 'n Scribbles

    ReplyDelete