Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Review: The Christmas Killer (DI James Walker, #1) by Alex Pine

The Christmas Killer The Christmas Killer by Alex Pine
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Note: I received a copy of this book from Harper Collins via Edelweiss+.

As the snow begins to fall, the body count begins to climb… DI James Walker is ready for a quiet family Christmas in the sleepy village of Kirkby Abbey.  But when he opens an early Christmas present left on his doorstep, he soon realizes it is no gift. Inside is a gruesome surprise, and a promise – twelve days, twelve murders. Not long after, the first body is found, half-frozen in the snow.  As the blizzards descend, panic spreads through the remote Cumbrian village – there’s a killer amongst them, and with eleven more victims to go, anyone could be next….

I thought the whole plot and description were interesting when I first decided to request this book.  The main issue I had with the book was that it was pretty repetitive in describing events that had happened and a lot of back and forth with people.  I also correctly assumed who the murderer was pretty early on making the suspense quite lackluster.        

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment