Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Review: Masque of the Red Death


Masque of the Red Death
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



2.5 Stars

A plague has broken out among the masses and the only way to survive catching the disease is to wear a mask. Araby’s father invented the masks and with her privileged life she is just going through the motions until she finds something she actually wants to live for.

I don't know how to feel about this. Parts of it tugged at my heart and then other parts I just wanted to skip altogether. I really preferred the romantic relationship between Araby and Will; I did not like Elliot at all. I was kind of reading the book solely for the parts with Will in them and besides those I really did not enjoy reading the rest of the story. On the other hand the overall concept caught me and made me keep thinking.

I am not sure if I want to continue on with the story, this is going to take a little more reflection.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment