Thursday, February 4, 2016

Review: The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OVERALL: ~4.4 stars

The Duke and I: 2nd Epilogue - 4 stars

I enjoyed the banter and bringing in Colin and Penelope. It is always fun seeing the continuation of a story and where the characters are heading.

The Viscount Who Loved Me: 2nd Epilogue - 5 stars
As always Anthony and Kate are so cute together!

Pall mall was definite one of my favorite scenes in a viscount who loved me!!! I am so glad that Quinn brought it back with all of the bloodthirsty competition the Bridgerton family could muster.

An Offer From a Gentleman: 2nd Epilogue - 5 stars
I absolutely love how this second epilogue turned out. I was wondering what happened to Posy at the end of An Offer from a Gentleman since she played such a key roll at the end. I am very happy for her!

Romancing Mister Bridgerton: 2nd Epilogue - 4 stars
This little epilogue was quite funny. I love the comedy the characters display towards one another and how much of a family they really are.

To Sir Phillip, With Love: 2nd Epilogue - 4 stars
I liked the first person view from Amanda. I was interested to see what happened to her and Oliver. I know it was supposed to be a short story but I wanted to know more about what happened with her and Charles.

When He Was Wicked: 2nd Epilogue - 4 stars
I was definitely one of those readers who sat down after reading when he was wicked and wondered if Francesca and Michael ever had children. I am so glad gain thought to answer this question in the epilogue. It was quite a nice little story and perfectly suited Francesca.

It's In His Kiss: 2nd Epilogue - 5 stars
Oh the irony. Hyacinth certainly deserved to have a daughter just like her. I love how Quinn choose to go back the diamonds. Definitely a must have for readers who were laughing and cringing at the same time at the end of the book.

On The Way to the Wedding: 2nd Epilogue - 4 stats
Well not every life can be completely perfect (even in romance novels) and not even for the Bridgertons. I'm not quiet sure how I felt about Lucy's pregnancy episode, I kept reading even though I kind of did not want to. I want my romance novels to be perfectly pleasant and happy. No problems arising after the happy ending. Hyacinth was there though to lighten the mood a bit.


It is true violets character evolved throughout the course of the Bridgerton series. She became a woman I respected and who I would want to get advise from. She knew exactly what to say for the situation and allowed her kids to make their own decisions while offering support. I was really glad we got this novella from Quinn to see more of where violet came from.

I loved getting the glimpse into what Edmund was like. I could t help feeling heartbroken for violet though while I was reading it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment