Friday, December 14, 2012

Amid the Roar by Tempest C. Avery

5 stars
Series: The Dreamer Trilogy
Book: Three
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Witches, Romance
Format: ebook
Published on December 4th 2012 (first published December 1st 2012)
ISBN13: 9781301852796
Where to Buy: Smashwords
View on Goodreads

Synopsis:
As Lily is forced to remain with the evil king for the next three days she does not really know what to expect from Ronan. He is more than what he originally appeared to be and now Lily is left with the choice and decision of wanting more. Scared in a way that she is even more confused about what her future holds and what the prophecy entails she needs to make up her mind and decide or risk the fate of all.

My Review:
Lily is a much stronger character in this book than in the previous writings. She has more questions answered and challenges to face but her mind is connected with what she thinks the best course it. I loved how readers were able to see a different side to Ronan and more about what made him the way he was. Larkin frustrated me as usual but I was not a huge fan of him in the other books either. All of the character interactions were great although, I would have liked to see Connell a little bit more throughout the story and have him play a bigger role.

Overall I am quite happy with how things ended up playing out. Just like Lily I was having a hard time placing in my mind who I would choose so at the end I really did not know what her decision was going to be. I liked the conclusion and how all of the events played out. I am sorry to see the series is at an end but I am glad that there will be more stories in the future.

Note: I won this book from the author's giveaway.
Tempest is currently living in Vermont and Connecticut due to school. For more information, like character bios and release dates, check out her blog.

Author’s website: http://tempestchani.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment